Wednesday, March 26, 2008

OMG! OMG! OMG!

No, I didn't get a BFP but considering I'm only 8dpiui, it's the next best thing!

WARNING: TMI AHEAD....

I'm taking progesterone twice a day to help "support" implantation. Well, I just inserted my morning dose (yes, I have to take it vaginally. Don't say I didn't warn you about the TMI!) and when I pulled the applicator out, there was pink CM. That's right, PINK CM!!! I am hoping and praying this is implantation spotting. That would mean I'm one step closer to a BFP!

I was thinking last night how great it would be if we had some sort of window into our wombs. I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but hear me out. I'm only 8dpiui right now but there's a good chance we could already be out of the game. Seriously, if DH's sperm never met my egg, there's no chance I'm going to end up preggers this month. If I could see what's doing in my reproductive organs at the moment, I'd know for sure whether the egg had fertilized and we had passed stage one of the 2ww. I'm assuming we have, which would mean our little blastocyst is on its way to stage two -- implantation -- and it would so great to see if it even made it that far. Honestly, why should we be tortured analyzing potentially phantom symptoms hoping for a clue about what's going on inside?

Since there hasn't been a scientist who's tackled the challenge of how to watch your child's conception yet, I'm left praying that the pink CM I saw this morning is a good sign. As any TTTCer can tell you, we spend so much time scrutinizing the toilet paper every time we go to the bathroom, we might as well have a degree in TP CSI! Before ovulation, you're looking for EWCM to tell you you're fertile, from 7-10dpo you're searching for any signs of implantation spotting and after 10dpo, you're desperately hoping to not see the telltale spotting that indicates AF is about to arrive. I can't wait for the day I just go to the bathroom and toss the TP in without spending at least a minute staring at it for any important hints it may provide. Hopefully, I'm already 8 days closer to doing just that!

No comments: