Friday, March 14, 2008

Finally!

Since this is my first injectables cycle, I wasn't sure what to expect but I really thought I'd be triggering by now. Turns out, I was wrong. My RE wanted to start me on a low dose of Bravelle to see how my body responded and to prevent over-stimulation. I was happy to hear that -- the last thing I wanted to happen was doing all of these injections and having the cycle canceled because I produced too many mature follicles – but after 14 days of stims, 7 blood draws and 4 ultrasounds, I'm ready to be done! So I'm happy to report that I just got my instructions for the next two days and they're lowering my Bravelle dose and having me come in on Sunday for what I hope will be the last blood draw and ultrasound. If all looks good, I'll be triggering that night and having the IUI on Tuesday. This morning, I had three mature follies – a 14 and an 11 on my right side and a 13 on my left – and I’m keeping my fingers crossed two of them will be at least 18mm on Sunday. Come on follies, get to growing!

No comments: