Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2ww, Here I Come!

Despite the fact that the physician's assistant took forever to get the catheter through my cervix, my IUI this morning went really well. DH had a great count and there are now more than 30 million little swimmers desperately searching for an egg to penetrate. I've been feeling ovulation-like pains all afternoon (along with some cramps from the IUI) so I think our timing was perfect but we'll BD tonight just to be safe.

With two mature follies, more than 30 million sperm and a triple stripe lining, there's no reason we shouldn't get pregnant this cycle but I know the chances are still slim. I'm going to try to be realistic about things so I'm not devastated if I get a BFN but at the same time, I need to stay hopeful. So while I'm preparing for the worst and praying for the best, the next 14 days are guaranteed to be the slowest I've ever experienced. Let the 2ww begin!

No comments: