Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Change of Seasons

When we first started TTC, I was convinced that the best time to get pregnant would be during the summer and I had lots of reasons why:

1. I wouldn't be 8 months pregnant in 90 degree heat

2. Winter clothes make perfect maternity clothes

3. Our baby would be born in the winter or early spring, which I imagined was the perfect time for birthday parties down the line (I always felt bad for kids with birthdays during the summer or around the holidays because they never had big celebrations)

4. I could go on maternity leave through the summer, which would give me time to relax on the beach (and motivation to lose the baby weight)

I could go on and on but you get the gist.

Fast forward almost two years and now I could care less when I get pregnant as long as I do. If this cycle actually works (and I'm convinced that's a big if), I'll be due in December, right between Thanksgiving and Christmas. A few years ago before we started TTC, a friend of mine had a baby on December 30th and I remember thinking how gipped that kid would get because his birthday was so close to the holidays. Now, nothing sounds better to me than a December baby. And yes, I have plenty of reasons why:

1. I won't be 8 months pregnant in 90 degree heat!

2. Winter clothes are perfect to hide post-partum weight

3. DH always gets time off around the holidays so we'll be able to spend more time together as a family (even if it's not on the beach!)

4. Our child would be born in 2008 and I have this weird fixation with even numbered years (I was born in an even numbered year, I graduated high school and college in an even numbered year, DH and I got married in an even numbered year...)

Again, I could go on and on. I'm sure if this month doesn't bring a BFP, I'll come up with a whole new list of why January or February or April or even July will be the best month to have a baby. But you know what, a December baby does sound perfect....

No comments: