Friday, March 28, 2008

D-Day is Near

Yesterday morning, DH asked me when we're going to POAS. After feeling like this 2ww has been crawling by, now D-Day is almost here and honestly, it scares the hell out of me. Sure, since the IUI 10 days ago, I've been dying for this day to come, but knowing that this weekend it could all be over is terrifying.

And here's why -- I really think I'm pregnant. Yes, I posted a few days ago saying I've been feeling absolutely nothing and that was true then. In all honesty, I'm still hardly feeling much but the few small things I have noticed seem pretty significant. As you may have seen in my previous post, I had some pink-tinged CM on Wednesday and yesterday, I had the slightest bit of spotting that I really think could be from implantation. A few cycles ago, I had something similar and still got a BFN so it could be nothing, but considering my lining was a lot thicker this time around, I'm feeling positive. The next sign is the fact that I literally cannot keep my eyes open past 8 pm. Now I know that could be related to the progesterone I'm taking but I'm hoping against hope that it means something more. And last, but not least, I have bright blue veins all over my chest. Literally, I look like something out of Alien! I've had blue veins in the 2ww before, but this time they're all over and darker than they ever have been. Yes, it's likely that all of these symptoms mean nothing. But I just have this gut feeling that this IUI worked and that's why getting a BFN would absolutely devastate me.

So what to do? Should I not POAS and go in for my beta once I'm officially late (probably Tuesday or Wednesday when I'm 14 or 15dpiui) or face my fears and POAS this weekend? Well, I think I'm going to POAS Sunday at 12dpiui. By then, I'll be sure the trigger is out of my system and I think the results will be pretty accurate. Hopefully, my gut will be right and I'll see those two lines. C'mon BFP!

No comments: