Saturday, October 25, 2008

Project Nursery Part 3

We're hoping Gabrielle will be home sometime in the next few weeks which means I really need to finish the girls' nursery. DH and I tackled some of it last week so now there are just some little things left to do. I have to wash all of the sheets and the changing pad covers and we're missing the curtains and some art for the walls but overall, I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.

I didn't really have a theme for the room but I wanted a fun, funky space that would grow with the girls so I used a lot of bright colors and went with sleek modern furniture.

The cribs are Oeuf Classic and I had the bedding custom made by Oh Petit Bebe. I cannot rave enough about the work Sara did. For two bumpers, two crib skirts and a reversible comforter, I paid $210, which is way more than I would have spent had I bought two sets at a store and because I bought the fabric, it's exactly what I wanted. Here's a close up of the fabrics I picked -- the floral is for the bumpers, the polka dot for the crib skirts and the embroidered linen will be for the curtains which my mother is generously making for us.

The quality of the bedding from Oh Petit Bebe is terrific and Sara was super easy to work with. She makes everything from fitted sheets to Boppy covers and I highly recommend her if you're looking to have something custom made.

Our glider is by Monte and I absolutely love it! It's so comfortable and the microfiber will be easy to clean. The floor tiles are Toy Poodle by Flor in Fluffy Fuschia, Lala Lime, Zozo Yellow, Lush Lilac, Toto Teal and Fifi Orange. DH and I love floor tiles because you can create a unique look for your space and if one gets stained or ruined you can replace it with another. We have them in our dining room, office and entry hall too.

Our dresser/changing table is Babi Italia Scandi from Babies R Us. I like that it has drawers and a cabinet with shelving -- that means room for lots of goodies!

I've been looking everywhere for a bright lacquered mirror to go over the changing table. I finally found an antique frame that I'm going to paint and use with a mirror instead. The style is similar to this one but it will either be a bright teal or lilac.

Here's some of the artwork we've hung in the room so far. I had a wall quote -- Precious ones so small and sweet, dancing in on angels' feet, straight from heaven's brightest star, what miracles you truly are. -- screen printed onto two canvases by Etsy member GeeZees. Stephanie did a phenomenal job and she has tons of other great stuff in her shop.

And I found this adorable piece by Etsy seller thehomespunraven which I think is perfect for twins girls.
We also put this wall decal of a colorful tree up next to the cribs. Quite a few sites carry it but we got ours from Land of Nod.

Last but not least, I saw these butterflies at Pottery Barn Kids and loved the idea of them but wasn't crazy about the patterns so I found an Etsy seller who made a bunch for me to match the nursery. They're going to go on the wall with the tree and the canvases. I'm hoping to put them up tomorrow and will post pics then.

So that's Gabrielle & Alaina's nursery so far. I can't wait until the girls are home to enjoy it!

6 comments:

Valerie said...

I absolutely love your nursery! Your girls are looking so good.

Wendy said...

Hi! I'm a fellow Multiples Nestie (Bumpy?) and saw your blog. I loove your nursery. It is just gorgeous. I love those butterflies. You did a great job <3 can't wait till the babies are able to enjoy their room too!
FaeryStarGazer/ Wendy

Ashley said...

Im praying for your beautiful girls!! And I love their nursery!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your babes room!!! just gorgeous!!!
If you have issues transition them from swaddling, check this site out
http://www.pekemoe.co.nz
they worked wonders for our twins.. you can see a pic of ours on the babies page :)

spearmintdecor said...

wow!! this is gorgeous. let me know if you would be interested in being a "featured nursery" on www.spearmintbaby.com

you can email me at spearmintbaby@gmail.com
thx

tryingin2007 said...

love the nursery but where are the updates?!

;)