Monday, September 22, 2008

Project Nursery Part Deux

Now that the girls are here, we're making more progress on the nursery. I have to catch up on taking photos of the new additions to the room but here were the next steps we tackled.

Once the closet was done, we moved on to the flooring. My vision for the nursery was to create a room that's bright, cheerful and modern. It took me forever to find the perfect carpet (DH was appalled by how many samples I ordered!) but once I saw these floor tiles, I knew we'd found the winner.


The floor tiles are from Flor and they are terrific. We have them in different colors and styles throughout our apartment -- in the entryway, the dining room and the office -- and they're perfect for children since if one gets dirty, we can just replace that tile with another. The style I chose for the nursery is Toy Poodle and we got them in canary, fuschia, teal, lime, orange and lilac.

Here's our four-legged child, Fiona, helping us lay the tiles:

After we got the flooring done, the cribs arrived. We chose the Oeuf Classic cribs for the girls and ordered them from Buy Buy Baby with their multiple discount and using a coupon. I've loved this modern style for a while and they convert into the cutest toddler beds.

And of course Fiona had to check to make sure they were sturdy enough for the girls.

So that's the latest from Project Nursery. I'll post our new dresser and the fabrics for the bedding later this week. We're working hard to get it finished so everything will be ready when Gabrielle and Alaina get to come home!

Oh, and one more note. I'm planning to put a quote on the wall above the cribs. I've listed three options in my blog poll but for some odd reason, I can't get them to show the whole quotes so I'm going to list them here:

1. Of all the stars we wished upon, the brightest one has brought us you.

2. We had each other and then we had you and now we have everything.

3. Precious ones, so small and sweet, dancing in on angels' feet, straight from heaven's brightest star, what miracles you truly are.

Please cast a vote!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pick number 2! It made my heart ache for you guys!