Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The MaybeBaby

Since we got our first + HPT on Sunday, DH and I have been calling the little being growing in my uterus the MaybeBaby because we're afraid of jinxing things. I got another Pregnant on a digital test this morning but until we get my beta numbers back this afternoon, I'm going to worry that somehow the tests have been wrong. And if I'm being honest, until we have three betas that have increased sufficiently, we'll probably still be referring to the MaybeBaby. In theory, this is our way of managing our expectations, but in reality, our hopes are already so high that if this isn't a viable pregnancy, we'll be crushed. So no matter what we're calling it, this baby is already real to both of us whether we admit it or not. But I guess saying the MaybeBaby is still better than calling it the Blob, right?

1 comment:

Jamee said...

Congratulations! I saw your beta post on TTTC! How exciting!!!!