Wednesday, April 2, 2008

And the verdict is....

BFP!!! My beta was 196 which is almost twice what I was hoping for. Now this whole thing feels real. My doctor doesn't do repeat betas (I don't know why) but he wants to see me for a sonogram early next week. I have no idea what we'll be able to see at 5 weeks but I can't wait to see!

DH and I both came home early today to wait for the call from my RE so we were together when we got the news. Immediately, he wanted to start measuring the room that will be our nursery and look at furniture, but because I'm superstitious, I want to wait until after we see the heartbeat. So he spent the rest of the afternoon reading baby sites I have bookmarked like 2weekwait.com and peeonastick.com. He's so cute! And we both agreed to start calling our wee one something other than the MaybeBaby now. The nickname we came up with is private so for the purposes of this blog, I'll refer to him or her as teeveebaby (my profile on The Nest is teeveegirl). Here's what TVB is up to now at 4 weeks and 1 day:



In week 3, sperm meets egg, and voila: conception! Your little zygote sets off on a six-day trek through your fallopian tubes, dividing and redividing into identical cells as it travels to your uterus.

In week 4, now safe in your womb, the ball of cells (blastocyst) splits in two, becoming the embryo and the placenta. The amniotic sac and fluid are forming around baby, and will act as a cushion for the next eight months.

Snuggle in our little poppy seed! Mommy and daddy can't wait to see you next week!

No comments: