Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another Good Day

Wow. This is the earliest we've been home in I don't know how long. I'm almost afraid to write about the day in fear of jinxing it.

I'll start with Gabrielle since she's been getting short shrift lately. She had lots of visitors today. Grandma and Bubbe spent time with her this morning and DH and I went to see her before we came home. I may be crazy but I swear she's grown in the two days since we last saw her! She had her eyes open and checked her mommy and daddy out. I used to think Gaby and Alaina looked exactly alike but they're starting to develop looks of their own now. They both have their daddy's nose but their face shapes and eyes are changing. I can't wait until we see them with their CPAPs off so we can get a full view of their sweet little faces!

So our little Gabrielle is turning into a bit of a diva. She really likes to spend the day on her tummy with her head facing left. When the nurses try to turn her head the other way to prevent her from getting a flat spot on one side, she gets upset. She cries when she has to lay on her back and swats at the nurses' hands when they do something she doesn't like (taking her temperature, for example). I guess we shouldn't be surprised -- this is the same baby who forced her way out of the womb at 27 weeks. When she wants something, she makes sure she gets it!

Meanwhile, Alaina had another good day. Like I said, I don't want to jinx anything but I can't remember the last time we went 24 hours without any sort of scare. So here we are, home at a decent hour, looking forward to eating a meal that doesn't start with the question "For here or to go?" and hoping to get a good night's sleep. I'm praying that when we call to check in on the girls, our good luck will continue....

No comments: