Sunday, March 30, 2008

P-Day is here!

I literally couldn't fall asleep last night. I just kept repeating to myself "I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant" over and over hoping to convince my body it was true. I envisioned POAS and seeing two lines. I said every prayer I could think of which, for this semi-lapsed Catholic was a big deal. When I finally drifted off, I had a dream I saw two lines followed by another dream where I was waiting for my SAT scores (I guess my subconscious manifested the idea of taking a test!). I woke up this morning at 5 am and went back to my visualizations and "I'm pregnant" mantra for another two hours before DH was up and ready for me to test. I really can't remember being as nervous as I was going to pee on the stick. Even though I'd done this same thing dozens of times before, this particular trip to the bathroom seemed like it had so much more on the line than any time before.

So what did we see? Take a look for yourself.



The test on top was a stark negative (we used regular water so we'd have something to compare with) and the test on the bottom is mine. If you look closely enough you'll see what we saw just a minute after taking the test -- a second line! It's harder to see in the picture than it is in real life, but it's definitely there. DH kept saying "That's a line, right?" and I just kept replying "A line is a line!" I swear we sounded like a bad comedy routine!

I'm 12dpiui so the fact that it's light isn't surprising but I'm being cautiously optimistic. We'll try a digital later today and if that says Pregnant, I'll feel a little better but I'm not going to call it a BFP until after my blood test. There's definitely a line there, though, and for now, that's all I can ask for!

UPDATE: I took another FRER test and a CBE digital and they both came back positive!



The second line on the FRER popped up immediately and although you may not be able to tell from the photo, it's about twice as dark as the line on the first test. The Pregnant on the digital popped up within 30 seconds. OMG, this could be real!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am a T-TTC lurker...but I am 13 weeks pregnant and that looks EXACTLY like my 10DPO test! Congratulations and good luck!

Jill said...

Congrats! It looks like the real thing! I can't wait for you to read the word "Pregnant" later. GL!